I love the seasons – each with their own distinctive colors, smells, temperatures, clothes, foods, etc. That said, I firmly believe that the seasons – lovely as they are – do not have to dictate your wedding colors.
If you bought a house during the fall would you paint every room in jewel tones and decorate with cornucopias year round? No – you would choose colors that you love, that compliment your style and furniture. Similarly, be open-minded about your wedding hues as well.
When choosing colors, keep these things in mind:
– Explore different tones and hues of your favorite color… you just might find inspiration there.
– Don’t be afraid to think back to childhood – you were more fun then anyway!
– Draw inspiration from your favorite color in your home.
– Refer to paint chips – they are also great source of inspiration.
– Stick to 3 colors or less – more than that turns into a rainbow.
Having said that, here a few color palettes that I came up with for use year-round. Let us know in the comments which one is your favorite or share some palettes of your own!