This week I am heading to the beach for some seriously needed vacation time! But being at the beach means some crucial changes in my makeup routine. Here are my must haves for staying fresh on your tropical honeymoon!
1. Sunscreen. Duh. I use Alba Fragrance Free sunblock. It’s a natural product sure to keep the sun’s harmful rays at bay, without the worry of harsh chemicals.
2. ELF waterproof mascara. It’s pretty rare that we need waterproof mascara. But the beach is one of those times when it’s mandatory. Just don’t worry about spending a ton of money on it, since after your vacay you’ll probably chuck it anyway. You just need enough to coat your lashes, without looking overly glammed.
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream. This eye color is ideal for those beachy nights, sitting on a restaurant deck with a cocktail. It gives you a bit of waterproof shimmery color that is virtually unmovable. I like #13 Warm Beige for day time and #2 Steel for night.
4. Cheek color is totally optional on the beach. Your skin should have a natural flush, so for some it may be overkill. But for others who can’t live without something gracing their apples, try Tarte Matte Waterproof Mineral Powder Bronzer. It gives a sunshiney glow, without the chunky sparkles found in many other bronzers. And, it’s waterproof!
5. Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain. A pop of color that doesn’t budge. Just make sure there is no dry skin on your lips before applying.
6. Beach hat and towel. I make sure to wear my big floppy hat to protect my face, and to look super cute. An extra hand towel is also handy to cover my face when I’m lying down and the hat is too large for comfort.
7. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort. Looking for perfect beach hair? This is it. Just scrunch it in when your hair is damp and viola! instant waves and a strong hold. No stringy mess here. And no need for hot tools. It also comes in a spray.
9. I really believe in letting your skin breathe when you are out on the beach with no foundations or powders. But if you do have a pesky zit pop up that absolutely cannot be seen in public, Makeup Forever Full Cover is a waterproof concealer that will hide that baby all day. Ideally though, you’ll let the clean air and salt water use its healing properties on your skin instead of trying to cover it up.
10. Water. Please stay hydrated! Heat stroke = not cute. So no matter how glamorous you look, the minute you get over heated, so amount of makeup will bring you back. So drink up!
For your makeup needs, contact Nashville Makeup Artist, Amy Lynn Larwig, for more information