Wouldn’t we all want to know the insider secrets? Well ladies, we were able to stumble upon a few… and the best part is that they are directly from one of the most prestigious bridal salons in Nashville. Arzelle’s features designers that are only found in New York and bring them directly to our Brides here in Nashville. They have couture gowns in a wide array of prices, fabrics and styles – keeping every bride in mind. They also carry a fabulous collection of bridesmaids dresses, selections for mother of the bride as well as their very own “Grooms Room” – where your groom will feel right at home in fitting for his Tuxedo.
Arzelle’s has been around the Nashville scene for many years and has a wonderful reputation for being some of the leading industry bridal know-how’s. Below we have some advise – some VERY well spoken advise – directly from the ladies at Arzelle’s. It’s always best to get the insider advise directly from the source. So take note and let it sink in. You won’t regret it….
Well it’s finally here, Bridal Season! Here are a few expert tips that should be taken by any newly engaged bride. If you have already been a bride, share this with all your engaged friends!
1. Do Your Research – Nine months to a year start collecting photos of dresses. Start noting certain styles of fabrics you like. Try to in vision what you want to look like on your wedding day.
2. Book Your Boutiques – Call a month ahead for Saturday reservations. Allow an hour and half for your appointments. Arzelle’s tip: Make your appointment on the weekdays, it is less crowded!
3. Select Your Style – The date of your wedding and the setting really influence the style of your wedding dress. Example: If you have a beach wedding, you won’t be wearing a silk satin ballgown!
4. Try It On For Size – When trying wedding gowns on wear the appropriate undergarments. If you are planning on wearing Spanx on your wedding day, then wear Spanx when trying on wedding dresses.
5. The Gown – When shopping for your dream wedding dress, bring only two or three relatives or friends with you. Wedding dress shopping can actually be a bad experience if you bring too many people with you. It can be counterproductive when there are too many opinions about the dress. Consider professional help, and ask the consultant to pick a dress that they think would look good on you. While it may be tempting to bring all your bridesmaids and family members, it is much better for the bride and her wedding dress shopping experience.
6. Take The Plunge – Purchase your dress at least six months in advance to allow shipping and adjustments. Our dresses at Arzelle’s only take 14-16 weeks to come in, but you need to allow time for alterations and bridal portraits.
7. Don’t Show Everyone Your Dress! – You want everyone to be stunned when they see you on your wedding day, only let a few close people see your dress before the big day.
Ready, Set, Go!
Happy Bridal Season Everyone!
photo courtesy of Amelia J. Moore