Who doesn’t love a table full of candy!! Give your guests the gift of feeling like a kid again at your wedding reception by laying out a table full of everyone’s favorite candy! Glass apothecary jars of all sizes are the perfect way to elegantly display the candies. Let your guests scoop up the goods into little bags with a signature stamp of your new monogram. Or perhaps mini Chinese take-out boxes would give the table display a funkier vibe. Is your event going to be a formal chocolate bon bon kind of event or a more whimsical candy dots type of affair? Whether it be a table filled with every chocolate imaginable or a color coordinated vintage candy road trip, a candy buffet is the way to spoil your guests!
Images by: Cocktails Details // Sweet Designs
Thinking about surprising your groom with something fun at your reception? Consider a cigar bar! One option is a DIY route, where you buy a variety of cigars at a local shop or online. The local shop might be your best bet, since the store’s employees can help you pick out a nice selection. Another option is finding a local cigar roller. This is such a fun element to add…it will entertain your guests, especially the men, and everyone will stand around mesmerized by the process. Either way, you can definitely get creative and put together a nice corner to the reception that your guy and all the men attending will appreciate!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- You’ll need a wedding venue with an outside area.
- Have your planner check the local rules about smoking near entryways and window.
- Create a lounge in the outdoor area with rented furniture.
- Be prepared to sign a damage waiver on the rentals.
- Customizing matchboxes is a great photo-op and take away from the wedding.
- The area will gain a life of its own.
- Get regular cigars for the guys, petite cigars for the ladies.
- Many cigar companies will come in and set up a station for rolling and cutting right there.
Tips from Wedding Jeanie // Images found on Lavish Event Design, Quirky Weddings, My Wedding Concierge