Summer time is fast approaching and most local pools will be opening this weekend. But if you’re like me, hanging out in public cannot be done without a little face lovin. So how does one keep looking fabulous through the heat, sweat, and chlorinated water?
1. Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer– Not only is this bronzer matte, with no shimmers to overpower our already shiny summer skin, it is not going to melt away. A mineral based product, with no yucky chemicals, it gives your face a perfect sunshine glow. Apply with a powder brush along the tops of cheeks, forehead, bridge of nose and tip of chin.
2. Makeup Forever Aqua Cream– One of my all time favorites. This versatile cream can be used on eyes, as a highlighter, cheek or lip color. The trick is blending it before it sets, because once that baby dries, there is no moving it. This stuff will not budge no matter the conditions.
3. Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes– If you’re a lady who gets raccoon eyes after squinting in the hot sun, then this liner is for you. Smudge proof & water proof, and available in a large range of colors, it applies just as a pencil. Try bronze green or iridescent navy for a fun change of pace from your regular black.
4. Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm– It seems odd to wear a full lipstick when enjoying beach volleyball, so a whisper of color is best. This lipcolor boasts an 8 hour tint of color. It looks like a felt tip marker that you apply to the lips and use the balm to keep your lips from feeling too dry. Guava, a bright coral, would be a fantastic pop on your pretty pucker.
5. Waterproof Mascara- Mascaras are one of those things we all have an opinion on. Which ever brand you choose, be sure to select the waterproof version. No one looks cute with black streaks on their cheeks.
WIth these products, you can build a full look that has true staying power for the entire summer!
For your makeup needs, contact Nashville Makeup Artist, Amy Lynn Larwig, for more information