Thinking about surprising your groom with something fun at your reception? Consider a cigar bar! One option is a DIY route, where you buy a variety of cigars at a local shop or online. The local shop might be your best bet, since the store’s employees can help you pick out a nice selection. Another option is finding a local cigar roller. This is such a fun element to add…it will entertain your guests, especially the men, and everyone will stand around mesmerized by the process. Either way, you can definitely get creative and put together a nice corner to the reception that your guy and all the men attending will appreciate!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- You’ll need a wedding venue with an outside area.
- Have your planner check the local rules about smoking near entryways and window.
- Create a lounge in the outdoor area with rented furniture.
- Be prepared to sign a damage waiver on the rentals.
- Customizing matchboxes is a great photo-op and take away from the wedding.
- The area will gain a life of its own.
- Get regular cigars for the guys, petite cigars for the ladies.
- Many cigar companies will come in and set up a station for rolling and cutting right there.